South Atlantic Insurance Services gives your trucking business much more than a fleeting thought. We insure companies and fleets of all sizes, with a full range of coverage options to protect your operation on every level.

Truck Liability

Every motor carrier must have liability insurance on all trucks and trailers, as well as leased units. This policy protects you against liability arising from damage or injuries to other people because of trucking accidents.


Cargo coverage protects the transporter for liability in the event of damaged or lost freight. The policy is purchased with maximum load limit per vehicle. The value of the load, and who is responsible for its condition, should be clearly established and understood by both the shipper and the transporter before the shipment is moved. This is usually by contract or bill of lading.

Physical Damage

Physical Damage is coverage for your truck and trailer that provides actual cash value protection for the equipment in the event of an accident. This coverage applies to, but is not limited to, collision, vandalism and theft of the insured equipment. Your premium is tied to the value of your equipment and is usually calculated on a percentage basis. Coverage is not required by law, but if your vehicle is financed, the lien-holder (bank/loss payee) will require it.

Trailer Interchange

Trailer Interchange is coverage for physical damage to the trailers of others in your possession for which you will be legally liable.

General Liability

General Liability is coverage for you against liability claims for bodily injury or property damage arising out of premises operations, products, and completed operations.

Trucker’s Occupational Accident

Trucker’s Occupational Accident is an alternative to Workers Compensation offering accident coverage for an owner/operator or driver who gets injured while under dispatch. NOTE: This coverage is only available when Workers Compensation is not required.

State & Federal Filings

These filings are electronic confirmation of insurance coverage sent direct from the insurance carrier. Note that filings may be required by some states, while federal filings will be required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) for all trucking companies that travel interstate (long haul). These required federal filings utilize forms BMC 91X (Liability) and BMC 34 (Cargo).