Click on each heading to see a detailed description.

Truck Liability
Every motor carrier must carry liability insurance on every truck and trailer, as well as leased units. Liability insurance protects you against liability arising from damage or injuries to other people because of trucking accidents.
Cargo coverage protects the transporter for their liability in the event of damaged or lost freight. The policy is purchased with maximum load limit per vehicle. The value of the load, and who is responsible for the condition of the load, should be clearly established and understood by both the shipper and the transporter before the shipment is moved. This is usually by contract or bill of lading.
Physical Damage
Physical Damage is coverage for your truck and trailer. This type of coverage provides actual cash value protection for your equipment in the event of an accident. This coverage applies to (but is not limited to) collision, vandalism and theft of the insured equipment. Your premium is based on the value of your equipment and is usually a percentage of the value. Coverage is not required by law, but if your vehicle is financed, the lien-holder (bank/loss payee) will require this coverage.
Trailer Interchange
Coverage for physical damage to the trailers of others in your possession that you will be legally liable for.
General Liability
Coverage for you against liability claims for bodily injury or property damage arising out of premises operations, products and completed operations.
Workers Compensation
Coverage provided by an employer to an employee due to a job related injury, resulting from an accident or occupational disease.
Truckerís Occupational Accident
Truckerís Occupational Accident is an alternative to Workers Compensation, which is accident coverage for an owner operator or driver who gets injured while under dispatch. Note: this coverage is only available when Workers Compensation is not required.
State & Federal Filings
These filings are electronic confirmation of insurance coverage sent direct from the insurance carrier. Note that state filings may be required by some states, where federal filings will be required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) for all trucking companies that travel interstate (long haul). These required federal filings are filed under forms BMC 91X (Liability) and BMC 34 (Cargo).



Truck Drivers Shaking Hands
South Atlantic Insurance Services

South Atlantic Insurance Services

7451 Wiles Rd., Suite #103 • Coral Springs, FL 33067
Phone: (954) 755-8577 • Toll-Free: (800) 613-1093 • Fax: (954) 755-9556

Florida Trucking Association member